A comprehensive guide to creating and submitting video assessments in moodle
5. Embed in myLearn
When you have content in My Media, it is easy to transfer media into an assignment submissions, forums, labels or anywhere in myLearn where there is a rich text editor. Essentially anywhere you see this tool bar:
1. Go to the text editor. Choose this icon: to
view extended toolbar options.
2. Select Embed Kaltura Media (sometimes displayed as My Media) via this icon: Your My Media list will open in a new window.
3. Click the </> Embed button next to the file you want to add. This will embed the default sized player version for your file. This is sufficient for marking as your marker will be able to open your video in full-screen as well.
Click on the play button if you would like to preview the file. The Play button appears over the thumbnail of your file.
4. Embedding your video this way embeds a link in the Online Text editor when viewed in edit mode. The media does not preview in the editor, but it will display as expected after you save changes.
Do Not Edit the Link or it will break the player!
The link is structured as instructions for your browser on how to find and display the player:
tinymce-kalturamedia-embed||video name (duration hh:mm)||player width||player height
This image shows how it would appear in the myLearn online text editor.
If adding multiple videos, embed each one on a new line. Add any other text, images, embed another file etc around the link text, remembering not to accidentally alter any of your video links:
5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Save changes.
The embedded file displays as shown below in a summary view only. If you have embedded more than one video and/or additional text and images, they may not all display in this summary. However, the submission can be expanded to show all your content. Click the PLUS icon at the top of your submission to expand and display all your content.
6. Finally, scroll to the Submission Status section of this window and select Submit assignment.